GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Friday, June 03, 2005

A little taste of Austin in KY

Now I know people will disagree, but I have to say Austin is one of the friendlier places that I've been. I mean if your at the park with your kids in Austin chances are you'll strike up a conversation with another mom no? Well that is not the case in KY.

Without getting into who's friendlier etc, etc (because there are friendly people here too). I will say I have had trouble meeting people or even having conversations with other parents. Usually I'll initiate talking to someone and they will answer politiy but with conversation killing answers. So when I actually found someone who continued the conversation I was amazed. Well guess what, she is from Austin. Anyways there is no point to this. I just met this other mom for a playdate today and it really is nice to have some one to talk to while you push your kids on the swings for 3 hours

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home