GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

How dare he be sleeping

*****WARNING MAJOR DH (and I don't mean DEAR) VENT AHEAD*********


I am SO sick of getting into conversations with DH at night where he re-nigs on something he said before and then goes to sleep as I sit here on the computer fuming away thinking great I need to be up in 7 hours and I'm too pissed to sleep. And he says I start the conversations. Well maybe that's because I've been waiting for him to answer my question for 2 weeks, and I'm sorry but I don't think about important things till #1 and #2 are in bed. I mean really what in the hell gives men the ability to sleep through any noise or emotion is really ticking me off. Last time he did this I was so angry I kneed him in the balls at some point in the middle of the night (no it wasn't on purpose, yes I was asleep, and no I wasn't really sorry in the morning since I was still mad, but I was later) Ya think the man would learn.

And why does he have to be so Damn rational about something that is not a rational decision to begin with. Once again he's deciding that we shouldn't have any more kids...at least right now. And excuse me for not wanting to wait till all our bills are paid off...I mean by that time #2 will be in school and I do plan to have a career at some point in my life beyond working at T. HELLO we haven't been preventing it from happening, but now that I actually want to try you're saying it's a bad time? No shit, it's always a bad time to have a kid. With the exception of finances right now is probably the best time and we weren't exactly roll'n in the dough when we had the last two. And if he really wants to be so f*ing rational maybe he should have thought of that when we AGREED to have 3 children the first time BEFORE we were married. I mean shit, I've let him back out of having more after each of the first two....And I've waited patiently with no pressure for him to come around and say yes lets have more...But stop saying yes and the saying no again. He knows damn well that if we wait too much longer I don't want another one because I don't want my kids spaced out that far which is why I wanted to jump on this bandwagon a year ago.

And it wouldn't be quite so important to me to have a career, and get through the baby making stage if he'd get his butt back into school and find a career that has a future, but that's another whole frickin argument for another night.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Kami said…

    Ugh - sorry. They're so stupid. Knee him in the balls again. :)

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Have that child NOW. Trust me, if you wait too long it'll be much harder because you won't be in "baby mode". I would've had more if we'd done it when Zack was 2, but now that he's 4, potty trained and making his own cereal in the morning so I don't have to get out of bed....forget it!! -e

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I agree with Elaine. You will never be able to afford kids, old bills become new bills, they grow up so fast. What are we talking here, by 5 they are gone and belong to the school system. Enjoy the babies while you can. I'll send you baby vibes!

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Lucky Lum said…

    Whoooooo! Let it all out honey!!
    It is good to vent. Too bad my hubby and his family read my blog so I can't say anything too terrible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home