GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Home Sweet Home

I've come to several conclusions over the last two weeks I spent with family. There really is a time limit on how long you should be staying with relatives. Even if your breaking it up into a few nights at each person's house. I'm not sure how long that is, but it falls somewhere between one and two weeks. Especially when there are children and grandparents who don't get to see them very often so they don't want them to have tantrums involved.

All in all I really enjoyed my visit to family. We had a good time talking, and catching up on life. Everything I go home I really realize how much I miss my children being able to be near there cousins. It's always so hard on them coming home. #1 kept telling me that he wanted to stay at Grandma's and have daddy come back there (daddy came home early, someone in our house needs to make money). Plus I miss watching them grow up. I'm also actually aware that the only way we could think about moving back is if we win the lottery. And I'm at a point where I don't want to necessarily move back. I'm just sick of moving and don't want to go anywhere for a very long time. Even if it did mean we could go back. Honestly if we won the lottery we'd probably have two homes one in Austin and one back home. Yes I have been thinking in detail on this since I actually played the lottery last weekend, which I never do.

Spending almost 2 weeks alone with my children's decided I am SO not cut out to be a single parent. I really don't know how anyone does it. For those that do you have my amazement. #1 was actually pretty good except he learned very quickly he could play his grandmother against me, and well she didn't figure it out, even with it pointed out to her.

And #2 well, #2 is almost 2. I remember why I almost went insane when #1 was this age. He's old enough to understand punishment, but not really old enough for it to make any difference in his behavior, and man does that kid have a TEMPER, ok so he got it from me, but still. While we were staying one of my sisters who has a 3 mo old he was SO cute, just wanting to play with and hold the baby and then all of a sudden, whap, right upside the poor baby's head, right in front of me. Plus he's starting to attack his older brother. #1 was at one point very nicely laying on the couch watching TV (a rare occurrence) and #2, grabbed his shirt and pulled him off the couch...Keep in mind the age difference is almost 3 years, yup I'm in trouble. I am however considering myself lucky, he hasn't started biting, yet, like #1 did at this age.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Yeah, we recently started playing the lottery too if only to pay off my student loan. I didn't win last week, but I'm feeling lucky this week. -e

     

Post a Comment

<< Home