GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Friday, June 03, 2005

Boys

So # 1 is playing a game with his imaginary friend. This game consists of jumping off the couch as far and hard as he can and landing on the floor. Now I don't "think" he has even put a pillow on the floor, but I don't want to go look because then I will have to be the responsible adult who will have to interrupt this game before he hurts himself.

So the big mommy question of the day. Do I :
a) Let him learn on his own that jumping off a couch onto a floor of carpet over cement can lead to injury's, and let him be happy and occupied in the meantime while I'm typing aimlessly. Plus I get to be the good guy who comforts him if/when he does bump his head

or

b) explain to him that he can't jump off couches because he could hurt himself and break the couch (although that would mean a new couch so isn't that a good thing?) Hence probably leading to him getting mad, possibly trying to hit me, and an all out power struggle when he finds once again he lost his dinosaur movie to it's time out, and having to put him back into bed for the "nap" he never took today.

People say boys get easier at 6, I really hope this is true, if so only 1 1/2 years to go!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Who says they get easier at 6?? They need to come hang out at my house with a 4 and 6 year old to find out for themselves that the whispers of "don't worry, brother, I'll catch you" is NEVER a good thing. -e

     

Post a Comment

<< Home