GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Blah, Blah, Blog

I've been wondering lately, it seems like the whole purpose of a blog is to send your random thoughts out into the world. I really didn't know about blogs until a few months ago, when I started hearing mention of them on lists and boards I'm on. Being incredibly overwhelmed and consumed with my life up until recently I didn't have a chance to find out exactly what they were. So one day as my life settled down I decided to check out a link in a A-mom friend's sig line (mama duck to be exact), and low and behold her little duckling is now a full grown toddler duckling. Now I'm not sure why this surprised me since my own #2 is close in age and is also now a tantruming near two yr old, but it really did. Not to mention her peanut is actually here. This sent me on a quest to see what else I've been missing out on in the life of my old pals in Austin since our move.

It's amazing by following links from here to there, I've seen new babies pictures of friends I haven't spoken or emailed to in almost 9 months not to mention all the other kids have grown up. Oddly enough I feel there is still a connection to this former life of mine that I had let go of in the chaos and challenge of starting a new one. And while I have had difficulty with the feeling that I need to wean myself off of local lists where I am no longer local, the blogs are helping in this area as well. A few other times I've tried to quit them cold turkey (but not unsubing of course) and found myself longing for news from my former life. So not only did I continue to lurk, but I'd jump back into a full fledge conversation mode forgetting half the people no longer know who I am.

So here I am, thinking that the key to letting go of my old life is actually to preserve it, and that my friends is why I started my own blog. The last 8 months of our life's were spent in temporary housing in a not-so-great situation, but now that life is a little more normal (well if you don't count our broken sewer line on our new-to-us house) I will be able to do just that.

I'm still working on figuring out lots of fun little things, like polls, counters, etc, but in the mean time if there is anyone actually reading this, enjoy my ramblings.....Oh and if you know anything about digging up sewer lines that info would be helpful as well!

Oh and those from old list will appreciate that I have access to spell check here!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Exactly. The blogs let me keep up with friends I actually know and want to keep up with. The lists allow me to find out the best place to buy fertilizer. Keep up the bloggin' I enjoy hearing how y'all are doing. -e

     

Post a Comment

<< Home