GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, August 17, 2006

I'm sorry, I've been a bad blogger

I know I haven't been updating this thing much, and there have been no pictures in forever, but that's because I have no batteries in my camera...a situation I keep meaning to rectify. Also I've been kind of moody lately, and I normally don't feel like posting or talking to anyone when I'm in a funk, except to vent, but last night I had a big cry over everything and nothing and now feel like myself again, at least for the moment.

So I know you're all dying to know the situation with my mom that I eluded to in the last post. Actually it's no big deal really. My BIL from Greece's dad has some health problems and my sister wanted to take the kids (3 ages 7,4,1) over to see papoose again in case he keeps deteriating, but BIL doesn't have enough vacation time and my sister didn't want to do it alone, gee wonder why, so my father volunteered to go with. This is great except my mom will not go oversees, and in their 45ish year marriage my mom has spent maybe 10 long weekends alone when my dad use to have conferences, and even then after I got out of school she tagged along and went with. .

She claims she can't fly overseas because of her health, but I think she uses that as an excuse to rationalize not going because really she doesn't like flying and is terrified of going over the ocean. She says it's because she has an artificial heart valve, and if it get's stuck and they're over the ocean she's dead since she's at least 4 hours from a coastline/ hospital plus you never know about that foreign medical care. Yeah it might make since if it wasn't coming from the woman who has traveled all over the U.S./Canada, and into Alaska in an RV. Umm there are a lot of areas (like all of Alaska and some of the deserts they've been trough) where medical care is more then 4 hours away. Not to mention my cousin who's an anesthesiologist tried to nicely tell her if it gets stuck she's pretty much dead no matter where she is.

But back to the story. My mom decided with dad gone for a month she didn't want to be home alone so she is staying at a state park 20 minutes from us in her RV. Her reasoning is she didn't want to stay at our house , even in the driveway, we'd kill each other, and she's probably right. So she had my dad drive her down and park her in the park, fly back to Mpls so he can accompany my sister and her kids to Greece via Chicago, and Germany. After he gets back he has 2 days at home and then he'll fly down here pick up my mom and they'll either stick around a while longer or go travel to some yet undetermined, but warmer location till Christmas.

Actually it's going pretty well. Last night she took #2 for a sleepover and tonight is #1's turn. I'm enjoying not breaking up fights all day long. And now I need to get going so I can pack #1's overnight bag, hit the store and head out to do the switch.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger TheStolenOlive said…

    I went so long without posting, my blog was blank because all the July posts and fallen off and Kami emailed me and said ... "Dude. Your Blog is Broken"

    Glad to hear you are feeling better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home