GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Is it bedtime yet?>......Seriously?????/

I'm so tired already and it's only 1:20, We got up this morning, I got #1 off on the bus started laundry dropped #2 off at the neighbors and went into the dentist to have some fillings done. Actually it wasn't too bad, I remembered to eat before hand (which held me over till about noon) and they actually got me numb on the first try, which never happens.

I got home from the dentist at 11:30, and go pick up Tim. I open the door and my neighbor starts apologizing profusely. While she was in the bathroom (she's in her second trimester and there all the time now) she heard #2 scream. When she ran out she said he was covered in blood. Her 4yr old said he fell into the fire place. So she cleaned him up and put a bandaid on the cut on his nose just before I got there. I called the Dr's office because I didn't know what warranted stiches when it comes to cuts, but it had been bleeding for over half an hour when I called (not profusely, but a little and it didn't' show signs of stopping) and they told me to go to either the ER or urgent care to be sure. SO back to the neighbors to ask her to get #1 off the bus and off to urgent care we went. (mind you the entire left side of my face is numb and I can't really talk)

At Urgent care the med tech looks at it and says, hmm that's a borderline one, I wonder what the Dr will do. Dr looks at it and says, "hmm that's a borderline one, and I really don't think stiches will help since it's not all the way throughout the skin," but she did put on a steri-strip to keep it closed. I now know what warrants stiches, and I only had to pay $50 for that information!

By this time I'm STARVING but still cannot eat anything so on the way home I formulate a plan to grab #1 off the bus (which I beat by 3 minutes) and head to McD's. I can get a shake and the boys will get a kids meal without knowing mommy's having ice cream for lunch.

This is working quite well as I'm writing this after I figured out I had to hold the left side of my mouth shut with my hand to get enough suction to make the straw work.

Now I get to put the kids down for naps (YEAH), change laundry again, and figure out how much money we spent today that we don't have.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Candy said…

    Your kids still take naps? I hate you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home