GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, June 30, 2005

I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm not

Many of you who know me IRL will know that it took us almost 2years to potty train #1, and he's STILL in pull ups at night. We worked at it from age 2 1/2 to 4 before it all clicked.

Well #2 has been pulling on his diaper saying "poopie" or something that sounds like poopie, could be puppy, baby, kitty....They all sound alike, for the last few days. Yesterday it dawned on me that he's doing this 10-20 min before he poops everytime. He's also been wanting us to put him on the potty a lot, but he can't hold himself up long without his poor arms getting tired so he never actually went on it. So thinking it would just decorate our bathroom for a few years I went out and got him a little potty yesterday.

This morning he sat down on it as soon as he woke up and stayed there for a while. He wouldn't get off so I let him stay while I went to clean up the mess from #2 (we "ran" out of pull-ups last night, but that's a whole other story)A little while later, probably 5 minutes after he walked out of the bathroom naked, I was looking for the clorox wipes when I stepped on a wet spot. Thinking one of them spilled water I didn't think too much of it till I looked down and realized it was in a perfect line going to the POTTY......AND they're was PEE IN THE POTTY!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!

I don't expect this to last, but it's at least starting out easier then it was with #1 even though he's a good 6-9 months younger then we started trying with #1.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Woo hoo! I know my Z-boy was PT about a year before J-boy.

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Kami said…

    DAMNIT! Not fair!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home