GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Monday, August 01, 2005

#1 and #2

So I was talking to someone who felt my nicknames for my children was un-creative, and a little harsh, so I felt I would take a moment to explain. Growing up we were called my number on occasion, especially when my mother was so fustrated she couldn't get the right name out and ended up calling us Scruffy first (yes that was our dog). Also my dad would jokingly call us by number all the time in fun, and when calling all of us we had a collective nickname of TACKE (pronounced tacky) since that was our initials in order.

So it is out of love I prouldy call mine #1 and #2.....Unfortunately GT doesn't spell anything.

Signing off for tonight, (If you couldn't tell I'm having random and scattered thoughts again today)

#5

3 Comments:

  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    When I see what you call your kids, I think of Thing 1 and Thing 2. Those are better nicknames than the ones we use. Laura is Lucky and Nico is Trouble. I guess Nico gets the shaft on that one.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Zachary is "Critter" for reasons that will be obvious once you read the books. Jacob so far has been too serious to have a nick name. Everytime we've tried he corrects us and reminds us his name is Jacob.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said…

    I call my kids Daughter #1 and Daughter #2 on TKW, it's better than "Naughty Girl" and "The One Who Left 10 Unwanted Pounds on my Hips".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home