GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I love calling their bluffs

Day 1 of Christmas break, 11 to go:

Earlier today I tried to get #1 and #2 to put their shoes on so we could go to the store. #2 is out of diapers and I've had to "borrow" from my daycare kid today. Both of them gave me resounding no's so I figure why fight it. Jump ahead till now, an hour before naptime, and I ask #1 why he's so crabby when we didn't go to the store like he wanted and he decides NOW he want's to go to the store, and when I say no I'm not going he decides he will anyways.

So he open's up the door and looks at me to yell at him to stop, instead I said, well go if you're going, and close the door you're letting all the cold air in. (before you call CPS on me, we live on a dead end street and I could see him the whole time, and the whole thing took a minute) So out he runs in a tantrum, with no socks or shoes on (it's 30 degrees out today). He gets out to the van, opens the door starts to climb in when I yelled, you'll have to walk you can't drive, and I have the keys. So back to the house he comes, at which point I make him go back too shut the car door, and tell him he cannot bring the crabbies back in. They have to stay outside, and he can't come in till he makes them.

He came in went to the bathroom had a rousing fight with the "crabbies" telling them they had to go away and is now nicely playing play-doh with his brother.

I am fully aware that I will not be able to pull this much, especially in summer, or if he had shoes on since we live less then 2blocks from a Walgreen's (that is on a busy road) and he might have taken me up on my walking proposition. But with no shoes I figured he wasn't going to get too far and reason would snap in :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home