GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, August 31, 2006

This shows how demented I am

I'm searching Yahoo tonight since I took a nap today and can't sleep now when I come across this headline .... "Dangerous John Marches up Mexican coast " Yup I was looking for an article about a bunch of prostitutes getting killed in Mexico....And yes I also live under a rock.

-----------------------------------------

I should update my earlier post. #1 doesn't really nap anymore, but we have "quiet time" in our rooms where mommy can have quiet time so she doesn't blow something up. #2 is thinking he doesn't need a nap anymore, but if I keep him in there long enough he will sleep usually.

-----------------------------------------

I need to get this off my chest. I've been reading article after article about the plane crash that happened in Lexington, and while we all want to know what happened why do they all have to be about blame? Can't they wait for the findings of the investigation? Although I haven't met her, I don't think, the Pilot's wife is in a neighboring MOM's club that has alot of shared activities with ours, and I know her name. She has two little girls, her oldest is #2's age. Really this has to be hard enough on her (and everyone involved) without the blame game. As much as I can tell it was a huge conglomeration of mistakes on many different peoples parts that could caused it, any one of those little things changed and it wouldn't have happened. That's the definition of a freak accident.

Hubby doesn't know why this is bothering me so much, and really I don't either. Usually when things like this happen I will think oh that's sad, and move on. I learned a long time ago to not let news events bring me down too far, but this is different. All I can think is it's in such close proximity and I just keep thinking about the wife. How horrible the accusations have to be to deal with, and how would I ever explain to my kids, especially #2 at his age, that daddy's not coming home.

-----------------------------------

On a funny note Hubby is his typical overly nervous mess this week. He has an interview with a head hunter tomorrow and of course he's got a nasty cold. The other night we spent HOURS deciding on what he should wear, his "fat" suite or his "skinny" suite. He's between sizes and there isn't time to get them tailored. So I tell hubby what I think and he starts arguing with me so I say well what do YOU want to do, and he says well I guess we'll have to do what you say.

Then we spent forever trying to figure out the "reference" form the guy sent. It asked for at least 2 supervisors, 2 peers, and 2 mentors or technical guru's. I took that to mean to supervisors, 2 personal, and 2 co-workers/teachers. He was arguing the peers needed to be co-workers, well that's great, but my anti-social hubby doesn't have that many friends and people at work he can use as a reference. He had trouble coming up with 2 co-workers for the third category. Sad thing is all his personals are my friends, or hubby's of my friends ;-) Yeah I know he can claim some of them as his friends now too, but they started as mine! So those of you I've posed this question too, expect a call at some point, hopefully.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:14 AM, Blogger Kami said…

    You are killing me with the John stuff. OMG.

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Lucky Lum said…

    I get really worked up over news stories at times too...soemthing just strikes a chord within and I can't shake the (usually) dreadful story.
    take care!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home