GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Big day for #2

Today is huge in the life of #2, and I of course forgot the camera. (BAD MOMMY) I promise I'll take pictures later and post some.

Not only is it his 3rd Birthday, he had his first day of school today. I will admit I had just the tinest problem leaving him, and I'm not a mom who usually has problems with these things, but instead of wanting a #3 like I thought I would, I'm throughly enjoying a little alone time today. He's been there for an hour and I've gotten his cake made, and a load of laundry on the line already.

Oh, and his teacher is a young guy, who's young enough to be impressed by my rice crispy treats cut into stars and made with sprinkles!!! Ha, finally a teacher who won't think I'm a total scatter brain, well at least for the moment. Plus a little eye candy when dropping #2 off every day doesn't hurt (Again I know, Bad mommy, he's very young and in addition to being a preschool teacher, he's the assistant youth pastor for the church).

I'll admit I was slightly unsure of him when we went to parent open house last week, but I had to check my concern and scold myself, I should have learned my lesson with #1. When I met his first teacher I wasnt' too sure about her, she had several tatoo's and very red hair, but she turned out to be the BEST possible teacher for #1. Also after leaving him alone with 8 kids so the mommies and daddies could go to our presentation for 45 minutes we walked back into the room to 8 3yr olds sitting at a table quietly eating their snack. As one dad put it, "what did you put in their apple juice"?

K, so this isn't spell checked, but I need to go take the cake out, get some decorations and pick him up...I promise pictures later.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    All teachers are scary. I think I like Lucky's teacher this year and Trouble's teacher is soooooo young. I think she actually said "hook 'em horns" at the orientation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home