GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Sunday, September 04, 2005

It's a Zoo Party!




Ok, Ok, he's not 2 till tomorrow, but since it's labor day and I have to work, we figured we celebrate on Sat. It worked to our advantage since kids under 2 get in free at the zoo, #2 made it by 2 days :-) We also got #1 in for half price because of a special event they were doing.

Since we do not have any family around, and he's really too young to understand a "friend" party, we decided to just a fun us day. We started the day by going to the Cincinnati zoo. I was impressed with it. It was not too big we couldn't walk it, and we were able to see most things before the kids gave out, but big enough that they had a nice variance of animals and it seemed very clean and animal friendly. After the zoo we came home and had "rest time" while Hubby started the grill and I wrapped #2's gift. When we let the boys get up from their room we ate supper, cake, and opened gifts. The boys (yes all three of them, including hubby) LOVED the additional track for their Thomas set. I'm so glad I found out the generic Target brand fits with the Thomas items.

It was overall a nice day, but I'm sure his B-day will continue for a few weeks since all the extended family (including his Grandma and Grandpa who are gallivanting across the country in their new RV) forgot untill I talked to one of my sisters yesterday. Good thing he's still little lol.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:12 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said…

    Happy birthday, Big Boy!

    I do wish they would stop growing now! I had to look at the photo below a few times to make sure that was the little boy was used to play with!!!

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Lucky Lum said…

    happppppy birthday to you T!
    It's amazing that we met almost 2 years ago, huh?
    Come back and visit one day please!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home