GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Monday, August 15, 2005

I'm so not cut out for a carrer

First I apologize for the typing spelling errors. FOr some reason my spell check isn't working, but I don't care it's 1:07 in the morning and well even if it wasn't I wouldn't.

Hubby and I have been talking lately. I'm trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I've decided though I'm not cut out for a traditional career. I mean I really don't do a good job sucking up to people. Tomarrow we get a new Store manager at work, so everyone's running around freaking out, making sure "EVERYTHING" gets done despite the fact it was crazy today and we end up getting out 2 hours later then we should. Don't get me wrong, I like the extra hours, but all I could think was "who cares" I mean if the woman is going to be there for good, she better get use to it. We're a busy store, they've been planning on building a new one in the area, and we almost always make or exceed planned sales goals, who cares if there's an extra rack of clothes that didn't get put back.

So on the note of what do I want to be when I grow up, My latest thought is to start rehabing houses to sell for profit. In the area we're living in there are some majorly cheap housing areas that I wouldn't necesarially want to live in while I have kids in school. So my thought is start small buy a tiny 4 room house, fix it while the kids are in school (yes I'm fast forwarding 4 years. Need that long to find the extra capital to start this) and sell it. Otherwise I will need to go back to school to finish my bachelors, at least. I'm also thinking I'd like something that could support us so if hubby burns out on his carrer choice he could move to another area without worrying too much about the money. Anyone got any great ideas? So far I'm thinking a speech theapist would be interesting, Also going back to the idea of teaching, because I'd get summers off with the kids, but I'm just not sure I'm cut out for teaching.

The whole converstation came from the realization I've been stuck in a rut professionally for the last 10 years. Well ok, I jumped it for a few years, but feel right back into that same old rut. I realized the other day as I'm sitting in front of the retail venue I work for fighting to get the window up in the beater car we have for the "non-kid" mobile (use to be Hubby's commuter car)before the rain came that I was doing this exact thing 10 years ago. Driving a beater car that I had to fight things like stuck window's and dying batteries and working retail. Also the fact that my first 29th B-day is coming up. Wonder if by the time I turn 29 for the 10th time I'll know what I want to be when I grow up.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Kami said…

    I feel ya. But, you haven't really been in a rut; you've been raising those turkeys of yours! I don't know what I want to be, either... Speech Therapy is cool, but that's a lotta school!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home