GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Ah this is the life

As I write this I'm sitting in the middle of a campground near Chicago. We're on our mini-vacation (which is all we're gettin this year) . While it's not a wooded primitive area having free internet access on Hubby's laptop has it's advantages. It's 82 degrees, a slight breeze, a nice shade tree, and my favorite chair ever...our rocker folding chair.

This morning we had a wonderful visit with a friend of mine (J) from Austin that moved to Seattle and was visiting people in the area. We decided to coordinate our trips so we could meet up for a bit. Still can't get over how big her kids are...and for those of you who know here IRL as well I "think" I've pursaded her to start blogging...so help me out by keeping up the peer pressure. It did make me a little homesick for Autin again, but it was well worth it. But as she said at least I didn't start bawling when her and her kids left...I told her I could if it'd make her feel better, after all I'm PMS-ing.

Now the kids are napping, the hubby's napping, and I'm just relaxing with the hubby's laptop. Tonight I think we'll go out for dinner since I wasn't as organized as I normally am when it comes to camping and would have to run to the store anyway. And tomarrow we're hoping to get together with my Aunt and some of my cousin's. Then Monday it's back to the real world and another 6 1/2 (i.e. 9 with kids) drive home.

We are hoping to get out at least one more time in Sept, and again in Oct to visit my sister near Atlanta. But Time will tell on that one.

Pictures will follow, when I get home or the hubby hooks the camera up to the laptop. And no I'm not running spell check today...I'm on vacation :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Oh, I'm so glad you got a chance to visit with her!! I passed by your old house today and I was really missing the old group. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home