GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

GREAT now what do we do



#2 figured out how to climb out of his crib today. Ok, I can deal with that. We moved #1 out of the crib around this age, but #1 couldn't open a door. I swear I took that boy back to his room and crib 8 times today for nap before I lost count. Twice I found him interrupting #1's "rest aka please take a nap today, Time". 3 Times he made it to my bed to play. Seriously now what? I think we'll put a baby gate up, but with him I'm sure that will only buy us a few more weeks. Lovely when they grow up isn't it? Suppose I should look on the bright side. He's slightly compulsive about things being a certain way so maybe he'll pick up toys in the middle of the night tonight.

On a really, really, really good note the count down till preschool has started. Only 5 more days!!!!!!! I'm defiantly more excited about school then #1 is. Afterall he only cares that he gets to ride the bus the whole block and half to school. Yup in this day in age of childhood obesity my child is being programmed that he cannot walk to school during preschool. To illustrate just how far away it is I'm putting in a picture. School is the building between the neighbors houses with the lights on. I took this picture from outside my front door. Now I do like the fact I don't have to rouse #2 every morning to get him there, and I do see the otherside of the argument for safety, at least for preschooler and kindergarten. However kids need to ride the bus or be dropped off by parents until 6th grade. I do find this a little bit more then ridiculous

3 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sounds like you are doing good out there. I'm not ready to put my kinderkid on the bus.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    On the crib thing; Nico is still sleeping in the crib at 3 1/2 yrs. He never figured out how to climb out and he still doesn't get out of the crib (the front part is removed) unless we tell him. Thank God he's a wierdo.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said…

    Lordy, I'm keeping The Duckling in a crib until she's 6. She's so far from trustworthy it's not even funny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home