GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tears in the morning, tears in the evening

I know it's been way too long since I last updated my blog and I apologize to everyone who reads it. It's been a crazy week around here.

With #1 having started school I am having routine morning tantrums from #2 who runs around wearing an extra backpack, not understanding why he can't also get on the bus with his brother.

For the first 2 weeks of school I was having daily tantrums from #1 when he'd get home. I couldn't say boo and he'd throw a fit. This week he waited till I was ready to walk out the door to go to work and start in with a "No mommy you can't go to work" along with crocidile tears. BUT we think we may have found a solution. After I left yesterday Hubby said he really broke down and told him he was sad (Yeah a breakthrough in expressing emotions with words, we've had trouble with him and this one). So today at rest time I put #2 down and kept #1 up for an extra 45 min. for some special secret mommy/big boy time, and when it was time for me to go to work he said bye mom, as he ran into the other room. We went an entire day without one tantrum from him YEAH!!!! Unfortunatly the terrible two's are hitting #2 harder every day.

On that note it's time for me to go to bed. And yes I'm sure there are a ton of spelling errors and typos, but I'm just too dang tired to do a check, or really to care. I'm 3 days into a 4 day working streak.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have discovered that the alone time with one kid; all undivided attention really puts them in a better mood. Keep it up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home