GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ah yes, on the scale of comfort I rate on the bottom

If #2 falls down he prefers to be comforted first by Grandma or Grandpa, then by Daddy, then #1, Then the dog, and if no one else is around well I guess mommy will do.

At least this is his current attitude. Grandma and Grandpa just left after spending 2 weeks living in our driveway in their motorhome. Really the thing is nicer then our house and cost almost as much. I think #2 blames me for their leaving. It was nice having built in babysitters during that time, but it did get to be a very long two weeks.

The first week I spent in a normal battle of wills with my mother as she continually told me that I am either a) too hard on #1, or in the next second b) I'm too soft on #1, and let him get by with too much. About a week into the trip she blew up at hubby (luckily I was at work). After that she was fine. Unfortunately Hubby really doesn't handle conflict well and was shaking when I got home an hour later. However my father did tell him he did a great job of backing her into a corner and telling her things everyone else wants, but is unable too.

The only problem we had the second week was that the longer they stayed the worse #1's behavior got. I have several theory's on this, but really can't figure it out. He would throw tantrums, steal toys from #2, just be out of control in general. From the moment they left he's been almost perfect, better then normal. Any Psyc 101 groupies out there wanting to take a shot at this one? I'm usually fairly good at figuring these things out, but I can't this time.

Well while this is in fact the first post I've done in over two weeks I will warn you I won't probably be posting much in the next week as we are on our way to Atlanta to see more family over #2's long weekend from school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home