GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Monday, September 19, 2005

What a weekend

It's almost enough to make me agree with some of my friends that don't have an appreciation for camping with children. Almost. Hubby and I decided we needed to get away for a weekend. Although we do not do this as spontaneous as we use to after putting in for time off work and deciding where to go I packed up the camper on Friday while DH was at work and by 6:00 pm we were off. Our planned destination was a state park about 3 hours away. After finding out our portable DVD player didn't work and a fighting spat between #1 and #2 we changed it to a park that is 45min away. Well to make a long story short after numerous tantrums and very little sleep we came home early on Sunday morning. Thankfully only 45 min away as #1 decided to throw a major tantrum. Sorry no pics this time since I forgot the camera.

However we did have a nice time on Sat night after the kids went to bed. Hubby and I were able to sit by the fire, and become a bit more um "intimate" (that's a nice PC word) then we can in a more unsecluded area's. At least we were, until Hubby jumped up and in a whisper yell shouted "SHIT we have to get out of here " as he tried to pull his pants back up. We had a visitor, we never did see what kind since it was dark and as we ran, and put the dog in the van, we left our flashlight over near our guest. Hubbys best guess is it was either a porcupine or a skunk. I think it was a porcupine myself. This is after our neighboring RV turned their outside light on to retrieve something putting a short pause into our activities 20 min before. I don't think hubby found it quite as funny as I did, of course he didn't see his reaction. At first I thought there was a mountain lion, or a cougar or whatever it is they have around here.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Oh, what fun camping games you play. ;) ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home