GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Friday, October 21, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me, Happy Birthday To Me

Yup it's offical I'm an adult. For some reason I always belived that 29 was the age where you finally become a real adult. Funny I really don't feel like one, but mabey it's because it's just my first 29th B-day. Ask me again next year on my 2nd 29th B-day. Honestly I doubt I'll be one of those people who keeps turning 29 year after year but I might be wrong.

So my exciting plans for the day were suppose to include bringing the boys to get their haircut. #2 is starting to look like a girl again. But he also has a touch of croup, so we stayed home and vaccumed instead. I also was able to do 1 load of laundry, dishes, plunger the toilet after #1, and the biggie, I cleared off the clutter spot on the shelf above my sink. I'm slowly trying to clear clutter from my house, one spot at a time. As soon as the boys stop fussing that they don't want to take a nap I'm going to go take mine, so I can be awake tonight as I have an exciting night out preforming as Retail extrodenaire, at the bullseye. Let's hope they at least have enough decency to put me in a good department tonight.

I guess I am an adult as I think about the ideas I gave of gifts I want and wonder what I'll get (we're having cake/presents tomarrow, since there will not be time with tonights entertainment). My list, although no longer written down, at least till now, Includes: New PJ's that actually match and are warm (think flannel, not lace), Fuzzy cushiony slippers to match said PJ's, A swifter wet jet, a new vaccum cleaner, wich is WAY outside the budget I put Hubby on. Sad when you actually start wanting appliances as gifts, and get butterflies of anticipation on which one you might get.

Well the noise from down the hall has subsided, and so it's time for me to cut short my philisophical ramblings on ageing and go take a nap.

P.S. Spell checker is for some odd reason not working so you get my work of literary art in it's fullest charm. Mis-spelled, and made up words.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Lucky Lum said…

    happy birthday to you!!! and many more...
    I just had one too and we're the same age, although I tell people I just turned 26.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kami said…

    Happy Birthday, old lady! Welcome to the club!

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Happy birthday. I had one too. Quit yer yappin' about being old yer young whippersnapper!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home