GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Friday, December 23, 2005

Day 2 and 3

Day 2 went fairly well. #2 is not appreciating having to share his toys in the morning again, and #1 went through a short crabby stage, that never got too bad, and seemed to be cured by helping mommy bake Lassie's for Grandma and Grandpa who are coming for Christmas.

Day 3 has been a huge pain so far, but it does have one very big redeeming moment. The am started off with all three of us waking up tired. I was watching a friends kid for a few hours this morning, and while he was great. #2 did NOT appreciate sharing his toys, mommy, or house with him. #1 was good till my friend and her oldest got back. That's when he started to flip out on me. He ended up in time out 3 times for some reason. All I can think is he is lonely for his school friends, and my friend's oldest is Autistic so even though he seems older his play level is closer to that of #2, and he doesn't want to interact with #1

So where might that bright spot be? After my friend left and #1 got out of his third time out, he sat down on the steps. I asked him what was wrong and he looked at me and said "I'm feeling tired" after that he took off to his room. I went to check on him a few minutes later...After total quiet scares me, and he was laying down in his bed. He asked me to turn his fan on, and light off, because he needed a rest time. It lasted for about half an hour before he came out again, but he came out with a completely different attitude. This "almost" makes me think the last 3 years of struggles is finally getting through...Hey I do tend to be an optimist.

The big negative of the day? I swated #2 on the butt when he tried to throw himself off the changing table. I do occasionally spank him if it's an issue of safety since it actually seems to work with him, (it totally doesn't with #1) but he moved, I missed the padded part of the diaper, and left a mark on his back. Yup here I am looking like worlds worse mom with Grandma and Grandpa arriving within the next hour or so. Grandma is critical enough of my parenting as it is.

So with that said I will sign off with a Happy Holiday's since I probably won't make it back on to post until after Christmas. I work tonight and from 11-5 tomorrow, and will then be entertaining my parents, or conning them into babysitting and taking off ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home