GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Monday, January 30, 2006

Update on Whishy washy, I mean the Dr.

So after stitting through his not very good explanation of a D&C, and the chances of the alternative pharmaceutical options working, and making a joke he SO didn't get (along the lines of well if you do an D&C and puncture the uterus, and have to do a hysterectomy, I might not mind if we've decided we're done with kids) . I looked at him and said, you're the Dr, you're the one with all the training. What do YOU recommend, and what would you recommend if this was you're wife or sister. Dr. whishy washy actually gave me an opinion.

So in addition to the yes you probably have an infection or if you don't you're very prone to one admittal (Hm ya think sitting the last week suspecting one helped anything while I talked to his nurse) and a prescription for an anti-biotic that I may or may not need (and I was too tired to fight this one). I have a prescription for some wonder drug that gives you really bad ass cramps, told to take up to 800mg of Advil every 4 hours, and I can fully expect another TWO weeks of bleeding. I plan to start the cramping pills Thursday (so you can expect some bitching and whining then) after I'm done working for the week.

And yes once again I'm wondering why did I have to pay $20 and pull DH out of work to go sit and talk to the man fully clothed, I mean there was this great invention a while back called a TELEPHONE.

So that being said other then the annoyance of just a little more then half way through a 6week period when I can't use tampons (Let's all say it together YUK) I'm actually doing pretty good. Emotionally I've pretty much finished having my little episodes of complete nuroticness, and I've actually been sleeping again. Not to mention I lost 4 lbs from last time I went to the Dr. And almost 10 since I found out I was preganat.

Hubby on the other hand I'm starting to worry about. In typical hubby fashion he has for the most part stuffed any feelings he's had and is now having his breakdown, but is trying not to. So also in hubby fashion his stomach is bothering him, and he's tired all the time. This is not very conducive to a major project they got going on at work. I honestly think he's having a harder time with me still bleeding then I am.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    Girl, we are gonna get this allllll fixed up in 19 days.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Good gawd. Can't these people get their heads out of their asses long enough to give you a straight answer?! You seriously gotta find a new girly doc after this. Hope you feel better soon.

    Oh, are you coming to the blog blowout?

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Aw hon...that's sucky.

    I don't have any words that can fix anything, just to say though that I'm thinking of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home