GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Yeah, thanks but no thanks

Amazing how my mother has such a major hold over me still. I knew she wouldn't like the idea of me going to blog blowout,(for a long list of her own reasons) so I figured I'd tell her when she calls and get it out of the way. And no I can't just not tell her. I talk to her too much.

So anywho, after the whole, why are are you going? If you need it that badly, and are that stressed mabey you need "professional help" Why don't you find a miscarriage support group (um it has nothing to do with that, well not alot to do with that), well you really can't afford it etc, etc. she had a brilliant idea. She thinks I should go down and stay with her and my dad in their RV (where they are for the month of Feb) in FL. Um no that would not exactly be the fun relaxing weekend I'm looking for. More like an intervention, with a suprise trip to a shrink's office and a bottle of Pozac, which I would need if I'm living in a motorhome with my mother for 4 days.

Not that I don't get along with her, but my mom and I are very diffrent and deal with stress diffrently. She still won't belive me that I'm handeling the miscarriage ok, because after 30 years she still hasn't delt with the one she had. When I had it (and they were here) she expected me to be mopping about, didn't think I should go to work, didn't understand why I needed too etc.

So now I'm walking around second guessing my decision if I should really go or not, but hey I found a cheap hotel today, so I just need to buy the plane tickets. I think it's too late to not go right ;-)

Oh and Kami, thanks for the offer of crashing with you guys but I think I'll be there Fri/Sun nights too, and I did find a hotel with good reviews for $35 Yippee!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home