GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

ooookkkaaayyyy

#1 didn't go to school today. Or should I say Wouldn't go to school today. The last few months he's been saying he doesn't want to go, but has been fairly easily talked into it. And when the bus shows up he's out of the house and on the bus in a flash. Well today he said he didn't want to go first thing when I told him he needed to get dressed (normal) and that was it till the bus came. The bus pulled up he ran half way down the drive way and stopped. He would not get on the bus. Ok, this is weird, but whatever, I'll bring him when/if he calms down.

The bus left and he had a meltdown because he wanted to ride the bus. Um yeah too late dude. So after a long conversation we decided mommy should just bring him and then he could ride the bus home. We get to school, get to the office, he's clingy, but seems ok with it till on of his teacher's assistant's shows up to bring him to his class. Nope not going, wants to go home, even though he's aware that if he goes home he will be laying down for a long time. So we walk out of the office, and meltdown time again...I Wanna go to school, I wanna go to my class. Um yeah too late again, I'm not bringing him back in so he can fuss when his teacher tries to bring him to class. So home we go, he has a HUGE meltdown, gets his race car taken away till after lunch time when the bus would normally bring him home, and lays down for an hour on his bed.

Now he is up, playing perfectly nicely with his brother, and other then an occasional "mommy, I want to go to school" seems to be in a perfectly normal mood.

I asked for his teacher to give me a call today, but I'm really hoping he just decided to see if I'd call his bluff, which I did and that will be the end of it for a while. ... I hope. I have asked his teacher about the not wanting to go thing and she doesn't have a clue of why either.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    I just can't wait for this fun stuff.

    So, why does your place of employment have BATHING SUITS out already?

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Yeah, today he went just fine. Go figure.

    I don't know, at least down there you're close to warm enough temps for bathing suits. I want to know why we have them up here in the frozen tundra of the north!

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Girl has her days like that and me too. In fact, we all stayed home last Thursday for no reason other than to sleep in. It was GREAT! Sounds like he was being a little snot and was testing you or maybe coming down with something and can't pinpoint the pain. Nico was like that until we got the ear tubes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home