GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Is it really hopeless?

I recently made a decision that I'm going to try to be one of these put together mommies. You know the type, always stylish, wearing nice clothes, hair done, jewelry, and make up, even if they are just at story time at the library. You'd never catch them out in a stained t-shirt, or even just a plain t-shirt for that matter.

Last weekend I went shopping, I bought 2 button down shirts and one that's a basic shirt, but with gold beading on it, and a couple of cami's. This added to the brown wrap around shirt I bought a week ago, I figure at least I won't need to bring any stained t-shirts to Austin with me. (Don't get me wrong, I still totally expect to turn up on Kami's FUG Thursday after the blowout, who knows maybe I'll learn something, like on "What Not to Wear")

This morning I get #1 off on the bus, get dressed in one of my button down shirts, jeans. I didn't put my boots on because, well, I figure tennies are good enough to do laundry in and I'll change if I leave the house today. I tried to do my hair and it flopped, I tried to do my make up and #2 decided to come and "help". #2 wanted to then wrestle and do our "exercises" (sit ups) together. I'm sure the back of my shirt is now completely wrinkled. I haven't spilled on myself yet, although I haven't eaten lunch or done dishes yet.

Maybe those mommies only wear nice clothes when they actually go out, but how do they have time to go out after doing their hair and makeup? I mean we didn't even make it to the library today. Perhaps I'm just destined to be a stained t-shirt mommy.

Or perhaps it could just be that I woke up late, found #1 naked on his floor cocooned in his blankets because he wet his bed, and #2 while refusing to potty train anymore today had a poopie diaper that he played with and half the poop came out of the diaper and fell into the leg of his pants. It was all over when I discovered it. Yeah that's it. Tomarrow I'll be put together AND make it to the library, I will I will!

7 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Lucky Lum said…

    Hard as I try, I too, will never quite be one of "those" moms.
    Oh well.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I for one, refuse to give up hope. Someday, I will make it out of the house (for something other than a special occasion) in an outfit that would not get me fugged. Pulled together, top to bottom, IT WILL HAPPEN! Don't kill the dream, Beth. Keep it alive! ;o)

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    You are cracking me up.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said…

    Even the moms that are "put together" dont think they are. Others may say wow she is always so classy and in her mind she doesnt see it.

    So dont stress I am sure you are a put together mommy

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Hang in there. I find that it helps to shower before hubby leavees, but who can get up at 6 a.m.?

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Dynila said…

    I know the feeling! I'm not sure I have anything un-stained left...

    And, Kami... Pfftt.... We all know you ARE one of those moms! ;-)

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I still wear those stained shirts to work. It is so pitiful. I'm a big, slob wearing clothes that are dirty and unhip. I feel your pain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home