GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Monday, February 06, 2006

Sickies, Strange Happenings, and Good Friends

My whole house has been sick for the last week. I've been very unproductive, but thought I personally had beat the worst of it as everyone was getting better. Then this morning hit :-( Woke up with a stuffy head, took too many pills, and almost threw up my "healthy" breakfast because of it.

So I head to the computer to check out everyone else's life. I'm IM's DH asking him if we have any stamps in the house so we can mail a bill that's due in 3 days (the answer is no) and getting ready to drag #2 out to buy stamps, get some money from the bank, and return overdue library books, when I hear a very strange noise coming from the fireplace (It doesn't work, so we don't use it), kind of like a flapping, I listen again and realize there's a bird in there....crap. Hubby says he'll come home for an early lunch and rescue the bird, take the bills, send them out, and drop off the over due library books. YAY

Luckily the bird was down by a little hatch door on the outside of the fireplace so Hubby was able to just open it and let the bird fly away. Hopefully it's ok, Hubby saw some blood on the door, it snowed yesterday, and our neighbor's cat is a notorious hunter. I'm kind of worried about it, even though I know I can't do anything. I mean it probably was in the chimney escaping from the recent snow storm, and the neighbors cat.

Shortly after this my friend calls me to see if I want some company, She was between being taxi driver for her kids and had an hour to waste, and yes I warned her I'm sick. She came bearing iced coffee drinks from Arby's!!! Yay, just what I needed to get moving for the day. Who knows maybe I'll even get some laundry or dishes done. Even make supper tonight possibly. Well maybe not. I don't want to push it ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home