GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Talk about hypocritical

Let me start this by saying I've wanted a tattoo since I was 17. Over 12 years people. Before hubby I always chickened out when I had the money, and after meeting hubby when I finally got brave enough to do it, I haven't because he always said he didn't like them.

So last night I was channel surfing, Hubby walked through the room when I was watching a minute of Miami Ink. We'll I was telling hubby there is a commercial with Kat saying that she doesn't think men will find her pretty, but only look at her because she's weird (Yes I'm paraphrasing). I told him I find this odd since I think she's very pretty, I mean I'd kill for her eyes. Well Hubby agreed, and I believe he at one point even said yeah she's really hot.

WTF????? Sure you find the totally tattooed chick on TV hot, and yet have told your wife you would find her less attractive if she got one tiny one?????? Almost tempts me to just go out and get it. Especially since in the last 10 years I've committed to a design I want (another reason I never got one. I couldn't find anything I knew I'd love forever.)

MEN!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    There are plenty of tatoo places in Austin. We can go to the one where Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson went.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    My husband was kind of shocked when I got my first one. He never thought I was the tattoo type, but when I came home with it, he was all excited. I think your hubs will prolly come around. The only piece of advice I can give is not to get it in a place that you have to look at it every day. It will get really old...lol. *I* think you should take Delaine up on her suggestion. If nothing else you could blame it on the alcohol. ;)

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Candy said…

    It's your ankle/wrist/back/whatever... if you want a tat, get one. I'll be far FAR away... they use like needles and stuff, right? Not enough alcohol in Austin for that!

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let's make a deal Beth, when you're here next weekend we'll get you a tatoo and my ears pierced. ;o)

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Kami said…

    Honey, men are just stupid. STUPID. Just go get one. I'll be with Candy, scared somewhere. ;)

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Lucky Lum said…

    screw men. Do what you want!

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Dynila said…

    We WILL be downtown in (literally) the tattoo capital of the world.

    Did you know Austin has more tattoo parlors per capitas than anywhere else in the country?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home