GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Monday, February 06, 2006

Try this again. Who I am

I shamelessly stole this quiz from PsycoSAHM's blog, and posted my thoughts on it before blogger ate it the other night. I highly doubt I will be as insightful into myself as I was the first time, but I'm going to try again.


You Belong in London
A little old fashioned, and a little modern. A little traditional, and a little bit punk rock.A unique woman like you needs a city that offers everything.No wonder you and London will get along so well.

What City Do You Belong In?
This is so true. I totally thought that by this time in my life I'd have traveled Europe, speak at least one other language fluently, and be living somewhere exiting and exotic. I have done none of this.
Instead I find myself living in Florence, KY and have had 2 midlife crisis by age 29. Ok that's not true, I'm in the second one now. It dawned on me that the reason behind this is that I'm trying to make the Londoner fit into my life, not that easy to do when I'm a SAHM to 2 boys and any decisions I make have to take that and my hubby into consideration. Meaning I can't just up and move to a cool Urban loft with lots of eclectic antiques somewhere, preferably in another country.
I had come to a pretty good place of joining these two completely separate parts of me when I lived in Austin. (mid life crisis #1) I was in a fun and progressive city, found people to have intellectual conversations with beyond potty training, there was good music all around, and while I wasn't living a carefree life of travel at the time, I saw a pathway too it.
Then we moved to Florence, KY. A city I'd call anything but progressive, I've yet to find many other SAHM's who have interests other then their kids or scrapbooking (sorry no offense, it's just not me) and while I've taken up crafts and enjoy them, I'd rather be traveling or having an in depth discussion with someone most of the time.
So I guess the question I need to ask myself is...How can I find the Londoner part of me in Florence KY?

4 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Lucky Lum said…

    I like your post...was insightful and self-revealing.
    As for trying to be the "Londoner" in Florence, hmmmm...move back to Austin??
    Nah, just do it. Be who you want to be and who cares if you don't fit in there!

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    (((hugs))) You'll find it.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    Maybe JK will one day visit my blog again. I just don't know...

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Awwww! Those mean mommies. Maybe you can start using London slang...i'd give examples but I belong in Rome like Dy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home