GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Toddler (and preschool) Rambling

Toddler Ramblings
Yesterday the boys were playing nicely and quietly in the family room as Hubby and I were sitting in the living room/toy room. All of a sudden without any yells/bellers/screams or any other noises we've come accustomed to hearing when they are playing the same thing #2 came walking past us from the family room mubeling. All we caught was Time Out and Share. He proceeded to go directly to his room flop on his bed, Get up come back out and say Play nice now. He went back to the family room and played trains with his brother. Almost gives me hope they actually do learn something.

Last night #2 was up and down from 12:00 till 4:00. There is one nice thing to having daddy's boys. He wanted NOTHING to do with me after 1:00. Meaning it was poor hubby (who came home early from work yesterday not feeling well) who got puked on at 4:00. Note the time of the puking and the time he finally went back to sleep are the same. I must remember this next time I'm feeling hurt that my boys don't want me to hold them or kiss their boo boo's away if daddy (or anyone else for that matter) is nearby.

When I was holding #2 last night, before the daddy mode set in, I was looking at how sweet he was thinking this is probably one of the last time's I'll be able to snuggle him to sleep. Had trouble not crying at that one. I need to go visit my sister and get a baby fix again I think.

Preschool Ramblings
This morning #1 was upset that #2 and Daddy (who stayed home today) were still sleeping and he wanted to wake them up. When I told him they had to sleep because Timothy's tummy and nose were sick he said " That's ok mommy, I will give his tummy a kiss and he will be ALL better"

I took #1 for a haircut this afternoon when he got off the school bus so Hubby and #1 could go back to sleep. He walked in, went right to the toys (it's a kid's place). When the lady called his name he walked right up to her and said "I want to watch veggie tales, and have spikey hair, and sit on the horse". Guess the days of it not mattering what I want have truly come.

Hubby looked at #1 today in his new "big boy" shoes (i.e. basic tennis shoes on clearance without any pictures) getting his own drink by himself and said wow he looks like a real boy. I made that realization a while ago he's not a baby or even a toddler anymore. I felt sorry for Hubby. At least for me those realizations are always bittersweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home