GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Confessions of a fashion victim

I'm so confused when it comes to fashion. I'm not really a short person, yet all of these flared leg jeans I find drag on the ground. And I have not been able to find a pair of petite in woman's (my) sizes. I do have one pair I bought almost 2 years ago. In desperation I bought a pair of long ones and figured well I'll just have to buy some shoes/boots with a slight heel to wear with them when I go out. At home I'll just look dumb and roll them up while cleaning toilets.

This brings me to the shoes. Why with all the technology in the world can they not make a comfortable boot or even shoe with a heel that is under $30????? Now I know according to Clinton and Stacy there is such a thing, but I don't have their kind of budget to spend on clothes. My birthday money only added up to $30, not $300. Or is the real problem that I haven't worn a heal in 5 years and forgot how they feel along with how to walk in them? I did buy the most comfortable boot I could find. I really was trying to go for a boot so that I can wear normal socks under it, since I have a bit of a problem keeping other socks matched up.

Now on to Underwear. These jeans I bought are also Low rise. Again not a smart idea for a woman of my size, but on the the original rant. I bought a package of low rise undies to go with them. I'm not a thong person, but in my attempts to try them I found that I do like the fact they are low rise. So I buy my normal size in low rise undies, and they don't stay up. WTF???? Does that mean you have to go a size bigger for low rise? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? It's almost enough to make me wear the thongs, except when Aunt Flo comes visiting.

Somebody help me. I think I'm getting the hairdo thing down with the help of a very talented, and nice looking beauty student named Sam. Now if only I could find a Sam to help with clothes.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Lucky Lum said…

    Do we need to nominate you for What Not To Wear??
    just kidding.
    Sometimes the low rise panties do run smaller so you might need to go up a size.
    As for boots under $30- try TJ Mxx or Ross, somewhere like that...

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Kami said…

    Don't forget that if you find some jeans that you love (we know how hard this is), you can have them altered. All the pants are too long these days. I don't know what's up with that.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Ok, but if I get them altered, that would defeat the fact I bought them on clearence ;-)

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    True. But jeans that make you look are jeans that make you look good, $12 extra or not. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home