GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, November 03, 2005

The things I'll do for money

Yup I can't belief I'm doing it, but I am. I have agreed to take care of my neighbor's children 3 days a week from 8ish (thinking her DH will want it to be earlier, but I think I'll resist) to 3.

This means that starting next week, on Monday, Tuesday's, and Friday's I will have a 1yr old, 2yr old, 3yr old, and 4yr old. Well OK the 4yr old will actually be 5 next week and he won't be here on Monday and Tuesday mornings.

I'm also keeping my job on Sunday's and 2 other nights during the week at T. I am thinking I might have to scale that down a bit. Work Sunday ONLY till 10:30 (as opposed to close, which can be whenever the annoying teenagers decide to work), or even open (yikes that'd mean I have to be there at 8) Instead. And I think I will say I am no longer available on Thursdays nights, so I'm not dead on Friday. Even if I have to work say Just Friday/Sat nights I think I'd like to stay there through Christmas for the discount and deals I find. Plus this gig with the neighbor kids isn't exactly a for sure thing as her hubby is working with a friend cutting trees or something while he tries to find a real job....And we all know how those things can go.

So the big question on everyone's mind. Will this drive me insane? Maybe I can hold off the sanity by being organized (yeah right this is me we're dealing with). But the truth of the matter is that I already am or I wouldn't be doing this.

I'm off to make up a daily schedule, and weekly one of chores now. To convince myself I can be organized and do this.

Oh and Hubby if you're reading this before you talk to me...I did try to tell you first, but we got lots of baby proofing to do this weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    YOu are smoking crack.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger -E said…

    I'd keep the job at T ask for an extra shift and dump the kid gig. At least with the retail job you get adult interaction!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home