GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mom's Club's, school delays, and Chi tea

We have a school delay today. I can't for the life of me figure out why, roads are clear and have been since last night. No snow, ice, or rain has fallen in the last 12 hours, and while still freaking cold out there It's sunny. Oh well.

After I do finally get #1 on the bus I'm off to my first Mom's type club meeting in KY. I joined another group that didn't have meetings and the people were, well, strange. So we'll see how this goes...Wish me luck. The first MNO is tomorrow and I plan to attend that as well. I hate going to these things when I don't know anyone. Truth is I really am a shy person, I just tend to hide it fairly well, and if I'm really nervous I can come across as obnoxious.

However I did finally ask the restraunt mommy for a playdate. We went there for supper last night, and it was slow so we got talking. Sounds like she really doesn't have many mommy friends either....Awesome opening for me, so I ever so slyly said we should do a playdate sometime, and left my phone number. They're hiring someone next week, so everyone cross you're fingers he works out because then she'll have more time to do things like playdates.

Now for my YUM of the day. I went out on a limb and bought some International foods Chi Tea Latte at the store the other day. This is SO good. I like it with just a little milk added for a creamier texture. Perfect for when you can find a few minutes in front of the computer for a little me time, makes me almost not here the screams coming from the other room.

Blogger still will not let me upload the picture...grrr, I'll keep trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home