GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The alien's are coming! The Alien's are coming!

Ok, I've seen WAY too many of Hubby's sci-fi movies when I walk in on them after work.

Really it's just my parents. Yes they were just here 2 months ago on their way down south, and now passing through on their way north again for a few days.

Now normally I love when they come, I mean free babysitter and all, and if my mom is acting normal it might be a good visit again but I have a few concerns this time. She's has been going slightly senile lately I think, and I know I will not hear the end of how I abandoned my family to go to Austin to go out with my friends. I mean I could have used that trip if I had to go away, to go see family instead. Heck I'd hear about this even if she wasn't going senile, but she might have the sense to drop it.

Part of this comes from last time they were here she insisted we take some money to pay for Dh's recent medical bills. So I KNOW the thought in her brain when I went to Austin was I was spending "her" money...ok, A) I didn't ask for it. B) I tried numerous times not to take it and C) I still have most of that reserved in an account for medical, what has been spent has been spent on MEDICAL bills. My trip was paid for either by money I had put aside for heat (from My paycheck, not DH's) we didn't need this year or was charged on the credit cards so there! Ok now I can act like an adult when she confronts me about it this week, I hope ;-)

It never ceases to amaze me how my parents can make me feel like I'm 17 again.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Lucky Lum said…

    Just cover your ears and shout "I'm not listening! I'm not listening!" if they try and give you crap.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger -E said…

    I liked Dawn's advice when she suggested to just nod your head in an affirmative fashion while casting your eyes downward, all the while pretending that Brad Pitt [or hottie of your choosing] is asking if you've been a naughty, naughty girl.

    Try it! It works!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home