GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Saturday, February 25, 2006

I'm so proud, and then I squashed it

One of the things I'd like to teach my boys is that we do not ALWAYS need to drive everywhere we go. Ok, Ok, in certain area's like where we lived in TX it was hard to implement since I didn't want to walk the 1 1/2 miles to get anywhere. However given the fact we now live 2 blocks from a Walgreen's + 2 gas stations, and 4 blocks from #1's school (to which he busses) BK, the bank a DQ and other gem's I've made a point of walking to these things with the boys rather then jumping in the car.

Yesterday, a perfectly nice day we were headed to the library. We get in the car, both kids buckled, triple count the 3 books and 2 movies we need to return. I turn the key and NOTHING. Appears the battery was dead. Hm nice. So I tell the boys we will not be going to the library. #1 looks at me and says..."It's ok that the van is broken mommy, we can walk to the library". I was so proud of him. Unfortunately I had to shoot down that idea, since the library is 1 1/2 miles away and no way would he make it both directions, and even though I would have walked it, and pushed #2 in the stroller, I so wasn't pushing the double stoller with a 5yr old in it the whole way.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    Aw, that sucks! That's great that he said that, though.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said…

    Oh I don't blame you!

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Girl! I would've pushed the two in the stroller and then died of a heart attack at the entrance, but valiant effort, I would say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home