GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Home Again, Home Again

Well I got in Monday night after a FABULOUS weekend. And I lucked out enough to be able to change planes and score myself a $250 airline credit. See here's the thing, while I realized I still haven't learned how to be alone very well, I really enjoyed my time away. And while I will probably end up using that to go see my family, and I doubt Hubby will let me do another weekend anytime soon, I'm thinking another weekend away wouldn't be such a bad thing ;-) Even if I don't get to sit next to Felipe on the plane next time. If you weren't lucky enough to be part of my Felipe sighting, or heard the story, I'll have to fill you in later.

It's taken me this long to get around to posting that I'm back because most of you were there, and because I came home to a kid with Scarlet Fever, a tired out hubby, a mountain of laundry (for which we had no detergent) and I'm still trying to recover from Sat night!

I'll try to get more details up for those of you that had to miss it soon, but don't hold you're breath, I have yet to attempt to concur Mt Everest of laundry in my basement, or even unpack my suitcase, which I didn't get till last night (part of the whole changing plane thing).

6 Comments:

  • At 1:46 AM, Blogger Val said…

    It's such a good thing that we have fun on these weekends away. Otherwise they wouldn't be worth the amount of extra work we come home too. lol

    Glad to hear you had a great time with the girls!

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    sorry about the sick kid. It's great being home after a long trip.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Isn't it amazing how men can't get the kids out of the house to buy things like, I dunno, say laundry detergent?

    Or maybe it's just that they don't even notice it's gone...probably the later...

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Glad you made it home safely even if it was to a buttload of work!

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said…

    And it never ends...I came home to every dish in the house dirty. Wouldn't it had been great if the guys would have washed them (yeah right).

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said…

    Oh I am glad you made it home~

    I came home to a house of mess! MEN!

    Hope your little one is feeling better soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home