GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Monday, February 27, 2006

Old friends?

In advance, sorry for the spelling errors, Spell check won't work, and honestly I don't care enough to proofread, not that I'd catch most of them if I did.

I have a friend from high school that I kept in touch with till probably 2 years ago. She was my best friend after high school, till probably when I got married. When I left MN for TX we had started to part ways (I think it's in large part due to her now husband, who I had no qualms letting her know I thought was fairly immature and that marriage wasn't going to solve their problems), and after I had made a few failed attempts to see her when I'd go home for a visit, I gave up. I think the final straw was when I missed her wedding. See I was going to try to make it by schedualing one of our vacations over it, but by doing so #1 would have missed his last week of MDO for the year, and I had an important MNO that week, I really really wanted to make. Yes it was the pedicure and Kalidescoops till wee hours of the morning one ;-). Also it was the last get together with that group and I belive it was fairly shortly before we moved. I did see her when we were up later and she seemed somewhat upset, or mabey just distant but didn't say anything about it.

Occasionally I'd get a few emails from her here and there, either a forwarded funny, or more rarely a hey how's life deal. Well lately I've been getting an awful lot of forwarded religious messages from her. This is really making me concerned. This is the person who never went to church untill she started looking for somewhere to have her wedding. And I'm wondering how the man who had no issue dropping $500/month at the bar is meshing with this obviously "new" interest in religion. (And no I'm not anti-religion, and would go to church if I could find one here I liked, I did in Austin, just concerned about the seemingly sudden change) Last I heard she was going to church (pre wedding and a little post) and he wasn't.

So I guess the question is what's up? You think she's mabey trying to reconnect? If so how come the forwarded emails? I mean I never forward emails so I haven't responded, but I'd definatly respond to another hey whats up one, but I haven't had one of those in a very long long time, and usually I do respond, but my response doesn't get a response.

I dunno, I'm confused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home