GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Things not to say tonight

Tonight is my first MNO with the new group I joined. I went to the meeting yesterday, and everyone seems nice enough, but it's always awkward going into a group where everyone knows everyone, and you know no one (say that fast 10 times ;-)). Given my ablilty to say the wrong thing in these situations because I cannot stand an awkward silence, and since I will not have a kid around as a distraction, I am in my mind making a list of things to not say so I don't come off as a total moron.

1) Currently my favorite tv show is Magnum PI reruns. Hey I ONLY get to watch tv for like 2 hours during the day and even if it is corny, you can't say those dimples aren't worth it. Yeah he's old now, but wasn't (as) old then.

2) My child thinks the "brown baby" on pbs between shows is funny (when he throws his food).

3)I checked out a real - non-novel book on learning disabilities from the library the other day, and I'm finding out I am no longer able to read more then 3 pages of a research book without getting a headache from all the information.

4)I'm desperate enough for a life that I willingly work part time in retail, and even though I'm getting sick of it, I still need that regular escape from my children. Or in the same line of thought...any bars around this Starbucks????

and worse yet that could happen.........

5) Sure! I'll be on next years board, doesn't matter that I don't' know if I like any of ya'll, you're looking for board members and asked so why the h*ll not.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Isn't that how you came to be on the board in the Austin moms club?

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Lucky Lum said…

    Oh girl, all harmless words!
    It's when you go to the bars you really start saying stuff you shouldn't!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home