GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Great Florence Mystery Part I

It all started this morning when Hubby and I decided that it was time to put a dog run into our yard. Our wonderful 4 legged companion has decided that in addition to marking the entire yard as "his" territory, he needs to use the prime areas, near the swingset, under my clothesline, etc, as his own personal rest room.

As I am trying to put in the last post I keep hitting something hard about a foot down. Hmm doesn't sound like a tree root, or a rock. It almost has a hollow sound. Being the lazy ass I am, I called Hubby over to figure it out. After all, he has all those years of practice putting up fencing on the farm he grew up on.

A few minutes later hubby calls me over, what is it you ask? A wooden box, looks like it had been painted white. Hubby thinks we've hit our fortune in hidden money, or an old time capsule with valuable toys and comics. Me? I say it's either a) a cistern or well covering b) someone's pet's grave, or c) a body. Yes I have watched WAY to many crime shows ;-) Guess we'll have to wait for Hubby to completely unearth it to see.

















Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of, "The Great Florence Mystery".

3 Comments:

  • At 1:38 AM, Blogger Val said…

    Oh the suspense! You better post as soon as you find out. lol

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Drama Mama said…

    oh oh oh....what is it .... what is it?????

     
  • At 4:16 AM, Blogger Candy said…

    I'm starting to worry that you dug up a corpse that came back alive and has dragged you into the pit of hell.

    Wait a minute, that was a Stephen King book I read...

    HELLO... what's in the white box, woman?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home