GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Friday, April 14, 2006

My personal ad

After an eye opening mom's club Easter party, where I've decided I think most of them are snobs, I decided to follow TKW's lead (I used you're gypsie line too) and created a personal ad that I posted on Craiglist.

I don't sound too weird or hippieish in it do I?

Mommy looking for mommy (or non-mommy female) friends

YOU:
You don’t smoke around you’re kids, don’t yell across a mall at you’re kids that you will “beat your bottoms when we get home, and are no longer into the bar scene, but like an occasional margarita. You can leave your children for an occasional night out and not need to be home by bedtime. You are accepting of other people and their views/parenting styles, and not go ewww at the thought of someone nursing their baby’s past a year, much less 6 months. Or at least know enough to not say it. And you understand my urge to sell my children to the gypsies occasionally and understand I do really love them, and I’m kidding…. mostly.

ME
Happily married, mostly SAHM to 2 boys 5 and 2. Playmates for them are good, but I’m mostly looking for me friends. I live in a funky 40yr old house in Florence with horrible decorating, and love it. I’m trying to correct one room at a time. I cannot see myself ever living in a new development, but don’t care if you do, as I see the advantages. I tend to think of myself as a moderate in most politcal realms. Mostly libral with a few issues I’m feirously conservative on. I love to discuss most ideologies/theologies, but not all. After all I married a conservative, and am happy not talking politics as well, or I’d be divorced.

I like shopping, but being a cheapskate at heart prefers garage sales and thrift stores to malls. I like most music except classical, rap, heavy metal, and The Wiggles. I like camping, hiking, reading, hanging out in a coffee shop, game nights, eating at a restraunt when I can taking my time without cutting up anyone’s food.

Most of all we moved here almost 2 years ago and I need grown-ups to talk to! Couple friends would be good too, but hubby is a slightly shy self-admitted computer geek, and not into sports, cars, most “normal” guy things, but that’s what I love about him.

Let's hope this works...I'll let you all know, I know you're dying to hear updates in my oh so exciting social life.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said…

    Ohhhhh I understand! You see, I live in Stepford hell too.

    Please update on the ad (great idea).

     
  • At 3:22 AM, Blogger Candy said…

    I totally get it, girl! It's so hard to make friends (laugh - I actually jokingly posted a "friends wanted" blog entry and got several emails... it feels good to know there are others that just have a hard time making friends!)

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good for you! I hope you get a catch. Sorry the mommies over there are snobs.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    I love it!!

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Lucky Lum said…

    I'd respond in a heartbeat!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home