GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ow, ow, and ow

Can I say I regret my wanting "character" in a house over a "normal" house a million times a week? No I still love my house, just when I do things like try to fix it up I pay for it the next day. Or when I fall down my kookie 4 steps from the living room to the kitchen...Although I haven't done that for at least a month...Maybe I've learned, Hmmm?

Yesterday I took the peonies out of my front planter, and placed them around the back yard. Why you ask? (if you heard this last year, just skip it) . Even though the teenybopper at the nursery laughed at me, My father always told me peonies need ants to bloom. Last year we had a nasty ant invasion in our familyroom....Connected to the front planter. I also had plants that didn't bloom. It took me all summer to realize that those plants were peonies and my assault on the ants and non-blooming plants were probably connected. So this year the lovely peonies were picked up and moved to various areas well away from the house. I still need something to put out front. There are other purple flowers in the box that bloom in late spring, but it looks a little empty. I'm thinking some of those cheap flowers from the grocery store you have to plant every year. I was thinking lily's, but I want something that will be there all summer.

After finishing that project I set to working on fixing our rock garden. We have an area of rocks with some defunct sidewalk lighting in it. Unfortunately the lighting needs fixing and/or replacing, and the anti weed plastic sheeting no longer works. I don't want to spray them because my kids love playing with the rocks. Yesterday I shoveled out less then 1/4 of the rocks, It's going to be a long project.

Ohh, but while I'm on the gardening kick....My catnip seeds are starting to sprout. Hopefully that means the other herbs and veggies I started indoors will too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home