GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

HOLY SNAKES!!!!

Today as I was hanging laundry watching my kids play I was thinking, "yes I really could enjoy living in the country." In large part because of some issues I've had with a neighbor have made me realize I really like my privacy, and solitude (I'll post the neighbor thing later). But then came something that made me feel very diffrently.

I finished hanging laundry and went to tell my boys I was running inside, and would be back in minute when I saw it. It being THIS















After catching the scream that was on it's way in my throat, I calmly called #1 over to give him a real life lesson. I showed him the little "baby" snake and proceeded to explain why if we ever see one we need to stay away from it. If we scare it, it might bite us. Not to mention it scared the SHIT out of his mother.

My logic also set in that it is highly unlikely this is a poisonous kind, but to be on the safe side I grabbed #2, told #1 to stay in the swingset while I grabbed the camera. By this time he was in the dog run, but I don't know if any of his family is still slithering around our yard. I took some pictures, made sure he left our yard, and now I get to look up snakes and try to identify the type while my boys sleep today.

As a side note, I lived in TX for 2 years and the only snake I saw in my yard was dead and half eaten by my dog. Gross yes, scary no. WTF????

3 Comments:

  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Candy said…

    Okay, is this one of those magic eye thingies? I don't see a snake... LOL

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That's what I was thinking! I don't see a thing....she has lost it.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    I don't see the snake, either.

    You's smoking something?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home