GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The neighbors

Ok, in my snake post I eluded to an issue with my neighbors. This may not be an issue anymore, since I or my kids may never go outside again, but I'm sure the first round of whining on a nice day will make me brave snakes.

Here's the deal. I kind of do daycare for my neighbors 3 days a week. I say kind of because I've never had them more then 2 days a week and maybe 10 times total since around Christmas when I started this. He works outside with a friend and they weren't working because of weather, or taxes, or who knows. Personally I don't care right now. Nice money when he does, free time when he doesn't. However I think his wife cares a little more, but not my problem.

The problem is that every time we're outside the kids want to play together. Normally I don't mind this, but there are times it's an issue. I let my boys out in the back yard alone. I constantly check on them, and tie the gate shut with a rope. The kids will come over to play then, and I'm not comfortable with them being out there without an adult. a) because I don't want #2 wandering off (#1 knows better) and b)They're little girl is only 1 and needs to be watched closer on our swingset. Usually the dad is out in his yard, but he doesn't keep as close an eye on his kids as I do mine, or his. Or I'll be out doing things and my kids will want to go to their yard. If their mom's there I feel like I'm dumping my kids on her, if the dad is, I still feel like I need to be keeping an eye on them, because of fights and their yard isn't totally fenced and opens to our driveway..

Their boy is really good when I have him, but can be a brat when his folks are around, as well as can my child. Because of this they seem to fight alot more then they ever have when I've been watching them, but I think I've solved this with telling my kids if they can't play nice they can't play with them, and telling them they'll have to go home if they can't play nice.

Also like last night, they were BBQing and my kids decided to go play...well the parent's said it's ok, but what were they going to say, you know? I had to run out so I told my Dh under no circumstances were they to stay over there after their company came.

Ok, so now that I wrote this out it really sounds like I'm just overreacting, and I probably am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home