GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm free! I'm free! ..... and I feel drunk

I've finally done it. For the first time in almost 6 years I have broken free from the scratches, and the glare, The fogg on humid days. Yes I finally got contacts again. Last time I wore contacts was when I was 6 months pregnant with #1. While I'm not ready to throw my glasses out yet. It does feel strange to actually be able to see, and my face feels so light :-)

Only drawback is I had forgotten how uncomfortable it is for you're eyes to adjust to something like this. In addition to feeling like there's something in my eye (duh there is) I'm having a few depth perception issues at the moment. It should go away in a day or so, I hope. And I'm thinking I may like a nap today, and I'll have to take them out for that. Forgot about that one little drawback to contacts. Oh well.

Oh oh, and I forgot. While everytime I'd buy glasses with my insurance I'd end up paying like at least $150 above and beyond what they cover, with contacts it will only be $119 and that's after my first 6th month suply runs out. Actually insurance would have covered an additional $10 if I'd gone ahead and gotten the years prescription now, but seems to me I remember hearing about a website you can get contacts on cheaper ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home