GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The first I hate you

Or close enough. It's true words do hurt. I've been bit, hit, slapped, pinched, and scratched numerous times by #1 in the last 5 years, but today is the first time he tried to hurt my feelings by words. The exact phrase was more like, "I want you to go away and I want Ms. Jessica to live here." And as much as I know it was said out of anger and spite it still stung. Especially since I don't think he'd find Ms. Jessica any more fun then mommy. I suppose on the other hand this is a good thing, It means his language skills really are developing beyond the phrases they practice at school.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Candy said…

    Ha! Jamie tells me he wants to live with his grandparents every now and then...

    ... I wonder if they'll take him? *laugh*

    ((HUGS))

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger -E said…

    The first "I hate you" is that hardest. After that you come back with some retort like "good, then my job here is done."

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said…

    Ouch! the first letter I wrote my mom in kindergarten I told her I hated her. How horrible!

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Val said…

    Luckily my Mom had prepared me for the first I Hate You. So I tried hard not to laugh. Now I"m laughing at what E said, cause that is what we would say. lol

    My daughter is a drama queen, so I picture many, many I hate you's in my future. lol She's almost 11, so the hormones are just starting. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home