GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, May 04, 2006

34preschooler's, blind dates, and 2 week notice!

This is all about yesterday, and I forgot to hit the publish button...opps

34 preschooler
A class field trip to Totter Otterville. Think the TRU off Be caves play area times 10 and Zilker park(mini train and all) in one enclosed indoor/outdoor venue. We had a blast, and I'm glad I was able to go, but despite plenty of teacher's, aids, a speech therapist, and 5-10 parents, I came home and took a nap accidentally while watching Cyberchase with #1

Blind Date
I had my first date with a responder from my Craigslist add. It's WEIRD. She's 10 years older then me which is no biggie for me (my sister's are all that age and I don't think they're old...yet) but she seemed to think it was slightly odd. But the really weird part is a) she owns a Merle Norman (a cosmetic store) I use to work at one, and they're not that common, and b) her last job was as a property manager in a senior, subsidized housing complex, My last "real" job was as an assistant manager in a subsidized housing complex. Weird. But we got along really well and have a second date to go garage sailing on Sat.

2 Week Notice
No I didn't quit, quit. Afterall we still have to be able to pay our heating bills next winter, but I gave my notice for a leave of absence for the summer. I'm just too busy to work, but that's another post for another time. And I am SO relieved, I was starting to get sick of working again.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Kami said…

    YEA on your date!!

    Do you still get your discount? I mean, that is IMPORTANT.

    ;)

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I've never seen a garage sail!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home