GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Is it the aliens?

Have they taken up residence in my 5 yr old again? Someone? Anyone with the answer?

You may remember a few months ago #1 decided he didn't want to go to school, and refused to get on the bus, so I took him not having a clue of what was going on, and he refused to go to his class, but then was upset about missing school. We came home had a nice long nap, a day of no tv, and cleaning. That seemed to be the end of it. Until today.

He took 2 steps out of the house, turned around and ran back in. WTF???? Even under threat of no tv, no computer/video games, and taking his favorite toy away, he wouldn't go, but was mad when the bus left him. I can't get a clear answer out of him to save my life as to "why" he won't go, and when I talk about him not being able to see his teacher/friends now he's upset. I don't get it.

So here we go again. He's in his room for at least an hour "napping". I confiscated all toys out of it, and later we will clean it. I get to figure out how to keep him busy today without tv, but not let him have too much fun. I do have to say I think his temper, lack of using his words, and language issues have been worse lately, but I for the most part, have put it off to spring fever.

I think I'm glad I work tonight, even though I had been dreading it.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    Oh boy! I can't wait!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said…

    My daughter had separation anxiety. The counselor and assistant principal had to come and physically pull her out of the car. In our case, there were some big emotional issues. That was a lllllooooonnnnggggg year! Now she's 15, is gone more than she's home, is almost a straight "A" student, and IS OCD!!!!! I look back at that year as training!

    Your son is probably fine! Maybe something happened at school that he doesn't want to talk about.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Drama Mama said…

    Oh god...I'm gunna have to go thorugh this too aren't it....

    Damn it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home