GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

And then reality hit

And last week I was having serious thoughts of homeschooling....HA. I think I'd better plan to have a job that pays well enough to send #1 to a private school, or get him a private tutor if we have too many problems with the school system.

#1 had off school Monday and Tuesday this week. Monday wasn't horrible although both boys were touchy, tired, slightly crabby, and fighting. Yesterday, was interesting to say the least. I woke to hearing a fist fight going on. Came out of my room with my eyes half closed to find #1 laying on top of his trains to keep them from #2. #2 was pounding on his back, and #1 was trying to hit #2 back as well as he could from the fetal position he took to keep posestion of the trains.

They both went to their rooms while mommy had coffee.

In an attempt to have a "fun" day we went and got their hair cut (which my kids like for some odd reason, could be the sucker's they get afterward) and then to TRU to pick up a B-day gift for my nephew. I even broke down and bought both of them new balls for outside (and I never buy them stuff). The bickering continued ALL DAY LONG.

After supper Hubby suggested I go lay down for a bit since I was falling asleep at the table. As much as I didn't want to I agreed. I dozed for half an hour and was just starting to come too again when the doorbell rings (DH was out mowing with the kids). It's our neighbor holding #1's Underware and shorts. It appears the kids went over to play with his kids (he was out and said it was fine) and #1 decided to poop in his yard. WTF??????????????????? This is the kid that was almost in tears last year because we made him pee on a tree in the woods. All I figure is neighbor boy was talking about going potty outside (he pees outside ALL THE TIME) and #1 wasn't exactly clear on what kind of potty he goes outside.

So I half asleep and completely embarrassed, despite his saying it's no big deal head over with clean pants and undies. #1 is sitting naked from the waist down in the neighbor kids sandbox, and sure enough there is a pile of poop 3 feet from it. Now I was going to make #1 get a bag and clean it up but before I knew what he was doing neighbor dude picked it up with a toy shovel tossed it over the fence into the wooded area behind us and then *big ewwww moment*** Tossed the shovel back in with the toys!!! YUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the dose of reality moves on to today. The boys were fighting again while we were waiting for the bus. Over what you might as??? PRETEND FOOD. No not the little plastic things, the air in #1's hand as he brought over "cookies" for me from his kitchen, and #1 "snatched the air/cookies" and took off running with it. I guess there weren't any more "cookies" in the kitchen.
I was SO glad to see that bus today!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Me said…

    The Dad putting that shovel back is GROSS!!! LOL.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Candy said…

    Shovel thing... really nasty.

    Yeah, I think I'll homeschool... NOT. Hang in there.

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    WAIT. He put the shovel back in? Okay, DO NOT eat stuff that this man brings over to you. I don't think he washes his hands.

    There is NO WAY IN HELL I have the patience to HS, and I have just one kid up my ass.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Dynila said…

    Dude. The neighbor dad thing is jes NASTY.

    I hear ya on the homeschooling. Part of me really wants to because from what I've seen of the homeschool group here, the kids get a much better education, not just learning to answer stupid test questions.

    Then I realize that I do *my* work in the late hours and at the last minute and acknowledge I have neither the discipline nor the patience to HS.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said…

    I can't believe that man put the shovel BACK IN WITH THE TOYS! ewwww...(no eating dinner at their house)

    Homeschooling was never even a thought for me. Even with all the problems in the schools, they HAVE to learn to survive and grow. The real world ain't that nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home