GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'm back, and it wasn't the bill we forgot to mail

Well the internet seems to be cooperating once again, and despite we found the check for our last cable bill sitting on my desk a week after it was due (and coincidently 2 days before internet went down) That wasn't the reason we were out. Everyone with this company in this area was having issues.

However this little outage got me and Dh thinking. We are considering dropping high speed internet. I was much more productive on the day's I went sans internet. But at the thought of dropping it for good I start getting the shakes....What if I have to look up a recipe? What if I need information for #1's school? What if I want to download a picture? Or need to look up a phone book? I mean it took me 20 minutes to realize I could look up a recipe for pork chops (which I hadn't cooked before) in a cookbook on Monday instead of jumping online. Do I really want to wait for dialup for all this stuff?

However it is expensive to have high speed internet, and really is it worth me having to work a 7 hour day , or 2 meals out for the family every month? I just don't know and I think I'm getting the shakes again!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger -E said…

    I shop around and see what kind of sweet deal you can get especially since the service has been so crappy. That's why we moved from road runner to dsl almost 3 years ago. We pay $15/mo with our regular phone bill and have been happy as clams. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home