GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Friday, June 02, 2006

I'M OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so maybe not to some exotic location, but we're going camping for the first time this year YIPPEE. I'm especially excited because we only got to go out once last year. We use to go almost every month from March - June, and Sept - Nov in TX. We even went in Feb once.

Plus my whole week has seemed as busy as Tuesday was, but on one VERY good point I met someone from my Craigslist ad that seems very promising. I really like her and her kids, and we met once, had a playdate once, and her and her hubby/kids are coming over next week for a BBQ Yay.

Only other thing going on with me is my split personality is making itself known again. Yes I truly have always felt like there are 2 me's and I'm happiest when I can aknowlege both (no I don't have Multiple personality disorder or any other psychotic illness, I'm just weird) but lately I've been ignoring one of them.

See personality A is the one who wants to live on a hobby farm in an old farm house, and be a SAHM as a life career and garden, cook, can, have animals, become crafty, be almost self sufficient with things like solar power etc. But personality B wants to travel the world, get a tattoo, live in a cool old house, maybe even a row house in the middle of the city in a neighborhood that's at a turning point, where I can become an activist and work in grass root organizations to change the neighborhood and the lives of the people living there. I don't know, maybe even get arrested for protesting something!

Since meeting Hubby, getting married, and having kids, personality B has been shoved in the corner because it's not practical. Plus the only attraction hubby might have to personality B is that she'd probably be willing to dye her hair blue (Yeah he's weird too). I have in a sense become the housewife, way to trilled about the fact I could actually serve my family a salad with lettuce I grew the other day. But with a series of events personality B has decided she needs to make her way to the surface again somehow. I'm just trying to figure out how to make them co-habitate in me without fighting. Usually they just fight over things like how to decorate...which is why I never get around to it despite all my wonderful ideas ;-) but now I'm deciding B needs more acknowledgment. I'm just need to figure out how to do so without upsetting the life A has made.

And if you're thinking I've lost it, trust me I've had this analogy of myself since high school, and I live a fairly normal life, at least "A" does ;-) Also yes Hubby has always known this about me. Giving him hope someday I'll have blue hair.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said…

    OMG...I could have written this post. As a matter of fact hubby always says that he liked my hair the most when we met...it was burgandy!

     
  • At 2:28 AM, Blogger Val said…

    It's not split personalities sweetie! It's called being Mommy and still wanting to be Us. I'm glad you acknowledge it and so does hubby. Don't let it get buried. We've just gone through a rough couple of weeks because B personality came out hard core and I don't remember a lot of it. Yikes! Thank God hubby loves me!

    I think I'm going to go get a piercing or tattoo to calm B down. lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home