GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

One of them days

I think I need to go back to bed, pull the cover's over my head, and stay there. Suprisingly, I'm actually in a fairly good mood, but my day so far.

7:30 Wake up to #2 royally upset about daddy not being at home.

7:35 #2 wakes a tired and crabby #1 while I ignore him for the whole 30 seconds it takes me to pee

8:25 listen to #2 cry for 15 minutes because he has decided, despite the fact he's perfectly capable of telling me what he needs I need to learn to read his mind. He wanted me to help him get the last of his yogurt out of the bottom of the cup. He finally told me at 8:40, but continued to cry for another few minutes.

8:50 make a Dr appointment for #1 to find out what the rash on his face is.

9:30-10:10 #1 has an all out melt down. Ends up sent to his room till we leave for the Dr after a long talk about how if he wants the privileges of being a big boy he has to start acting like one. ......Part of this is in my last post.

10:20 find and get shoes on both boys to go to the Dr.

10:45 Drive to the Dr's office thinking Hmm the van doesn't feel right, must be because the air is on.

11:10 See Dr. Find out #1 has a raging case of poison Ivy, get prescription for oral steroid since it's too close to his eye for a topical one.

11:25 pull over while leaving Dr's office because #1 informs me I forgot to buckle his seat belt. See front tire is flat, grab my phone to call DH since I don't even know where the spare is hidden in our van and find out my phone is dead.

11:30 arrive at the BK (with a play area) 6 blocks away from the Dr's office still with a flat. Go in order lunch and borrow the kid at the counters cell phone to call DH to come rescue me.

12:00 DH arrives to the rescue and we see him changing the tire

12:30 DH comes in to BK says the spare is low on air so he's taking the van home.

12:45 Drop off #1's prescription on the way home

1:03 call friend to let her know it's just poison ivy and not contagious according to the Dr. (I know I always thought it was too...he said it's an old wives tale, probably because the oil is easily spread, but once it's washed away, other kids can't get it) since she was wondering, especially since our kids always play together.

1:13 Call new friend (we had our first "date" last night, she answered my personal ad and seems really nice, and even fairly normal) and told her the playdate we planned for tomorrow is a go because the weird rash on my kids face I told her about is not contagious.

1:30 Put kids in bed for nap...yes even #1 today. Also realize I don't eat fast food anymore because it just makes me feel blah and oddly still hungry and full all at the same time. I'd forgotten this.

1:40 finally say screw the utility bills, and the environment, and the dependency of our country on foregin oil for energy sources and turn on the A/C

1:50 actually make my shoestring budget chat I try to make every Tuesday at 2. Today I can tell them how my budget for the next 2 weeks is busted after today.

Still left to do today.
Make supper, I have a new "experiment" planned of vegetarian shepherds pie.
Take #1 to his sports class tonight
Try to get a nap in sometime.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Tell me more about this shoestring budget group. I'm thinking about the Grocery Game, is it like that?

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Candy said…

    Holy crap, woman... you need a 'rita! ;)

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said…

    WOW....you need to join us for girly night.

    I'm exhausted!

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sounds like a normal mommy day. Sorry 'bout the flat...

    Get some rest.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home